MSISDN Forwarding & Billing in Ireland
For speed of approval, visibility and likelihood of approval, for MSISDN Forwarding (aka; header enrichment), we recommend a dedicated short code.
'Single Click' flow is enabled when a user is on the mobile web (when on Wifi the user is asked to enter mobile number).
This API allows for the MSISDN "Pass-through" and billing of both O2 and Vodafone mobile networks. At this time we request Service Providers send us their URL (where their BUY button is located), for white listing.
To get set up and approved for MSISDN Forwarding & Billing in Ireland we require the following:
- Do you have an existing customer base, or a base of potential customers who have expressed interest in the service (if so what size is the database)?
- No. of transactions (per month)?
- How will customers learn of this service?
- Price Point: (Euros)
- One time or Subscription Billing: (NOTE ONE TIME ONLY ON SINGLE-CLICK, DOI ON SUBSCRIPTIONS FOLLOWING PAY)
- URL where BUY / PAY button will be located (exact url): e.g. www.mysite.com/buy/billuser
WE REQUIRE YOUR URL TO PROCESS FOR FIRST APPROVAL AND FOR WHITE LISTING.
- Comreg License Number (if don't have Comreg license speak to your account manager)
Mobile Screenshot of service using MSISDN Forwarding for 'Single-Click'
Terms for use of MSISDN Forwarding
Clear wording asking for the customer consent to pass their MSISDN must be located beside the “Buy” button. The wording should read –
By pressing “Buy” you consent that txtNation can request your Mobile Number from O2 to bill you for this service. Your details will only be used by txtNation to bill for this service and will not be shared with third parties.
By pressing “Buy” you consent that txtNation can request your Mobile Number from Vodafone to bill you for this service. Your details will only be used by txtNation to bill for this service and will not be shared with third parties.
By pressing “Buy” you consent that txtNation can request your Mobile Number from 3 to bill you for this service. Your details will only be used by txtNation to bill for this service and will not be shared with third parties.
MSISDN is not supported on Meteor.
The client (service provider) should only request the MSISDN once they have shown to the customer terms and conditions of purchase, and the customer has indicated that they wish to continue.
- A token (encrypted MSISDN) can only be unlocked when the customer presses the “Buy” button.
- O2 and Vodafone are obliged to carry out spot checks to verify that only the Tokens which have completed a purchase have been unlocked.
- Daily logs showing all “Tokens” that have been unlocked will be maintained by mobile aggregator, txtNation and the service provider. Logs will show:
- MSISDN for all numbers that are decrypted.
- Inclusion of Customer Care Support http://sd.txtnation.com link in MT messages, for Self Service Customer Care.
- We recommend using CampaignShield, for Single Click services in Ireland.
- No DOI required. Click 'Pay' to be billed.
- DOI required.*
* If a 'Subscription Service' you can look to run this way:
e.g. Single time payment and send a free MT so they have paid for one weeks access. SMS: “ to upgrade to a monthly subscription reply xxxxxx”, thus just giving a positive opt-in.
Comreg Approval for No DOI
If service provider wants to get Subscriptions without the DOI using the above flow then they need to show that any requirement of the Code can be met by alternative means, the PRS provider can apply for a permission to do so to COMREG.