In the Control Panel (CP), why do I have to retype my user name and password every time I click a link and/or open a new page?
You may be experiencing this issue because your Session Cookies are not enabled.
Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory, and every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor. Websites typically use session cookies to ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within one site and that any information you have entered is remembered. You can choose to accept session cookies by changing the settings in your browser.
Please see below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click on the Privacy tab.
3. Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to Medium) under Settings.
4. Click OK.
1. Click on the Tools menu
2. Click on the Options item to open the Options window
3. Click on the Privacy selection in the left part of the window.
4. Expand the Cookies section.
5. For FireFox 1.0 and less, check Allow Sites to Set Cookies". For
For FireFox 1.0.2 and greater, check the Enable cookies and Accept cookies normally checkboxes.
6. Click OK to save changes
1. Click on the Tools menu in Netscape browser.
2. Click on the Options item in the menu to open the Options window.
3. Select Site Control item in the left part of the window.
4. Under Web Features at the right part of the window, select "Allow Cookies"
5. Click OK to save changes.
1. Click on the Tools-menu in Opera
2. Click on the Preferences... item in the menu to open the Preferences window
3. Click on the Privacy selection near the bottom left of the window.
4. Select Enable cookies checkbox
5. Select Accept all cookies in the "Normal coookies" drop-down.